We believe that the following are keys to effective Facilitation
- Every person understands and supports the aims of the session.
- Happy people are happy performers – the Facilitators role is to create the environment where people feel happy (safe, secure, valued, engaged) to participate.
- Remain objective – the Facilitator should be able to question when they sense there is more to explore. Action and Outcome focused discussions allow people to participate yet not feel attacked.
- Inject energy and passion – often the mood of the room will emulate the mood of the Facilitator. When discussions get tough and heavy, provide some light and shade to re-energise the audience without detracting from the outcomes.
- Promote 100% participation – every person has been invited for a reason. The Facilitators role is to ensure every person has the opportunity to add to; and/or gain from the session.
- It’s not about the Facilitator – facilitation is a privilege given to guide a collection of people towards a better outcome than they are currently experiencing. It’s not about the Facilitator!
- Be ORGANISED!